I wasn’t always the keenest of readers, and even now it takes me a while to read through an entire book. In 2017, I decided to pick up reading books after looking into starting a property investment business in the UK. I also realised that I had stopped learning (outside of the usual work). By starting off slowly and setting a personal goal of a book a month, it has slowly snowballed and has grown into a nice hobby.
Some quotes about reading to help fuel the bookworm:
- “The book you don’t read, won’t help.” – Jim Rohn
- “The best investment you can make is an investment in yourself. The more you learn, the more you earn.” – Warren Buffet
- “Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers.” – Harry S. Truman
- “You don’t really start getting old until you stop learning, every book teaches me something new or helps me see things differently” – Bill Gates, who reads an average of a book a week
- “Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body” – Joseph Addison
Below are links to the various books I have read to date, which I will continue to update on a periodic basis. The summary and key takeaways are purely based on my understanding and interpretation of the books, so it may differ to you.
Why not pick up a book for lockdown or the next time you go on a holiday?
My aim one day is to introduce Cara into some of these books, especially the mindset and entrepreneurial ones. If she’s interested in property, then hopefully she can pick those up too.
If you have any suggestions or want to discuss a particular book, feel free to comment below or email me!