After a four-week break from blogging and picking up the sniffles from Cara this week, I realised it was a year since I started this blog. Hooray! It began with a random idea while being down with man-flu. It has continued slowly but surely with random thoughts and reviews of my time spent with Cara. I am hoping this has been useful for you, as it has been an enjoyable process for me. It is always great to see what Cara has been up to and how much she has developed.
So, what has happened in the last 12 months?
- Miss Independence – it’s amazing how quickly they develop. Cara is now dressing herself, dry with no more pull ups, and able to express herself. During the last term, she has picked up reading age appropriate books and is able to write her name and numbers. Proud parenting moments.
- Seeing the world – Cara has been fortunate enough to go on a few holidays, including trips to Algarve and Dubai over Christmas. As mentioned in a previous post, it’s amazing what Cara learns and picks up during a holiday.
- Reaching for the sky – as expected, Cara is slowly getting taller. Based on the pencil markings on the wall, she has grown about 10cm over the year. She’s also climbing and scooting with confidence these days, so hopefully over the next 12 months she can do the same with riding a bike and swimming!
- Are you not entertained? – some of the games and things Cara says these days, I have no idea where she gets it from. There’s the standard role-plays of Playmobil, kitchen, hairdresser and arts and crafts. Then there’s the occasional role-play of being a Deliveroo driver!
- Not parenting-specific, but given the date of this post, Brexit– continues to drag on. We are still no closer to knowing what will happen. The indecision reminds of Cara trying to decide what she wants to wear to school every morning.
What has happened to you and your kid in the last 12 months? Feel free to share in the comments section below.